The Woodcock Foundation is a progressive family foundation established to link family creativity and resources with community development needs.
Trustees select areas of interest, identify individuals within those areas who possess strong leadership skills, and then invest in them with both financial as well as technical resources. Since 1996, Woodcock has awarded over $80 million (at present around $2.5 million per year) to over 50 organizations, primarily in the areas of social enterprise and economic development, food systems, large landscape conservation, education, media & democracy, gender equality, civil society, and criminal justice.
- Support constructive systemic change to improve society and the quality of life, locally, nationally and internationally
- Support unusually able, innovative individuals who can contribute to such change
- Seek to take advantage of probable change and to influence it in constructive ways
- Be alert to special situations where the family has particular interest, knowledge or access to exceptional skill
Board of Trustees
- Lindsay Shea
- Olga Merck Davidson
- Stuart P. Davidson
- Jeremy Guth
- Winthrop Rutherfurd, Jr., Esq.
- Margot Brandenburg
- Polly Guth
- Rebecca H. Dent, Esq.
- Stacey Faella, Executive Director
- Kavi Waddell, Program Associate